Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Banjara Auditions

I was sitting there like an alien.......inside the campus of Vikramshila, the new building where I have never done a single lecture which added to the effect. But, I was captivated by the command, discipline, care and confidence of someone, someone whose voice tells you she is right and she is to be followed. Someone who knows well who you are, whatever you try to do....She was the director of Banjara group( a famous theatre group in kgp), Mrs. Rajshri Bhargava.

I know I cannot act, I know I am a useless junk when it comes to these matters, but somehow I felt I should go to audition and I went. And, when she asked me, why have you come here, I replied, "people say I am bad at expressing myself, and your banner says "Express yourself". She did not say anything. When it came to my turn, I was horrible, simply because I cannot act and she recognised it immediately. She asked me to act like a cleaner, I acted and somehow I felt I am doing really bad and then I brought my hanky to use as dustcloth, she said "no need to waste it for nothing"--I knew it was over. It was a pleasure watching others act, Shantanu a second year from my wing acted really well. I was pleased to hear from her that my dear wingy, Sanket Kawde is the best actor of the campus according to her, a living legend among Dramatists of kgp.She is really candid and frank. She asked for a pen and I forwarded, she put it in register for everyone to sign and asked me to collect at the end as it was not her responsibility --------very much clear. And, at the end, I lost the pen to add to my losing spree ---third of the day. She followed with good exercises at the end. I know I am not going to be selected but indeed, the evening was enjoyable, to say the least. And, in the end, I felt I am very much a part of the group, though I am not going to be selected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home