Friday, September 23, 2005

Committed ???

Yes, this is the question many of my friends asked after seeing the change in my status on orkut. But, I have evaded the question for long, but now I am going to answer it. When I found my status on orkut as single, it seemed to me as if I was lonely, a wanderer, a vagabond whose life moves at the whims of every beautiful female who chooses to do so. This led me to contemplate and ponder over the matter, which culminated in a status change to COMMITTED.

Yes, I am committed, but not committed to the troths made to any enticing beauty. Instead, I am committed to myself. I am committed to my dreams; I have promised them that I will realise them. A charming girl with elusive smiles and taunts, seems to be too trivial and insipid a thing for committment, at least to me. I believe a person can be committed to only one thing at a time and I am not going to trade these dreams for anyone. Every success needs your full committment, because if it does not do so, it is not a success. And, I am not going to compromise my dreams for anything in this world. I have cherished them for long and am ready to immolate anything and everything at the altar of success to see these dreams materialised. I have lived with them throughout my life and nothing can dissuade me from this path. I do know that I can only put efforts and success is decided by the fate. But, I believe fate will not be cruel with me and I won't loose the war, few setbacks in battles here and there are nothing but a part of life. . So, do not dedicate your commitment to anyone but your dreams, nothing can be more valuable and important than your dreams.

9 Comments:

Blogger Scube said...

A well written blog indeed. But you can't simply discard people with a 'single' status. There sure is a difference between someone 'single and desperately looking' and someone 'single by choice'. I second Samir, in that I do believe that commitment to a girl makes your commitment for other thnigs stronger. Because such a commitment makes you feel responsible. You wouldn't want to hurt your prospects, would you? Commitment to a 'charming girl with elusive smiles and taunts' will get you a fleeting material pleasure, but that will soon fade away. One should rather commit to a girl who reciprocates what the guy stands for, who complements him, and gets complemented in return.
Also, on a personal note, I would always want to commit my life to my dreams, which indeed I have. But yes, in some corner, in some hide-out, there does lie a dream in which I am commited to someone inwardly beautiful. Someone I would want to spend the rest of my life with, someone whose presence can be comforting enough (and my presence for her) for me to realise my other commitments in a better manner than I would have to without her.
As for your current commitment, all the very best in achieving those dreams of yours. :-)

2:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Sameer and Sid, I never said anyone committed to his beloved is wrong, I just said it does not suit me. For me, it is only my dreams. At least, Sid is much more committed to the realisation of his dreams than me, he is a great perfectionist ... someone I simply adore and adulate.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my GOD, it does not suit you, man what are you talking about. If it is the case then what were you upto here all the weeks??? There were many things I saw who can drive you mad and listen to me, really mad. We have the proof, of course not of your mails but ur snaps!!!
Pacific Hotel

1:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Pacific Hotel, u can leave your name ("Saurabh Raina"), believe me it was tough to recognise you. anyway, thnx for commenting and haan, keep all proofs with you.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...lovely piece. feel good that u r so sure of what u want and what you don't. would just like to add that don't keep these rules too rigid. be prepared to change as things progress in life. otherwise it might so happen that it would be too lonely at the top. anyway lovely piece. felt good after reading it.. good luck :)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey thanks a lot rolly, a praise from someone like you motivates a lot.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abe yeh kyun nahin bolta ki jab se France mein pit ke aaya hai, tab se saari iccha khatam ho gayee hai, yaa fir darr lagta hai ki pit jaayega. Ek baat boloon, Daru pina chhor de. Tere liye accha hoga aur thora sensible ho jaayega. As far as commitment is concerned, it's good to know that you are so committed to your dreams. Best of luck for your future. May you achieve whatever you wish to( Including the person of your dreams).
--Kesh

8:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kesh, and I will be leaving drinking pretty soon. This will need a little resolution now, am not setting any deadlines for it, but yes, I will leave it soon.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Kapil, you have started taking booze. Thank GOD, you have abandoned one of your million taboos!!!
PH

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home