Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The great Talisman

Everyone knows that the life is not a bed of roses; and here you find the experience of a denizen of IIT Kharagpur. A final year, who for the last three years always dreamed of reaching the elusive final year when there will be no more classes (or very few classes which you can bunk with the priviledge of being a final year), no further pressure of earning a CGPA and being the seniormost, you move with a consequential air.
But, these are elusive dreams and here I share the truth. When you reach your final year, you fear that you will be thrown out of the protective environment of the institute very soon and you restart your journey towards your career goals after a brief hiatus of three years. You need to seek the answer to the golden question WHAT next?.

Today, I was sitting in my room with my GRE date approaching with the velocity of light; in fact time seems to be the only thing that moves faster than that (Do not take me wrong, I still have due respect for Einstein and his theory of relativity). Also, I have been appearing for few mock CATs and my dismal performance serves to increase my woes further.

Not to mention, to aggravate my agonies, my department has scheduled a class test tomorrow in Graph Theory, undoubtedly not among the easiest subjects by any standards. If this was not enough, I see a mail today in my mailbox reminding me that I did some summer training which needs to be presented within a fortnight.

And, finally the thing which eludes every IITian...a dream job with a lucrative package, Trilogy is visiting us this weekend to see if we deserve to serve on their pay-roll. Not to mention, in this semester, I am supposed to some research work which is known as B.Tech Project. With all these worries in my head, I was desperately looking for a talisman, which I will like to share with all my brothers and sisters and it is
Whenever in doubt, quit.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abe which sister are you talking about ...

5:41 AM  
Blogger vijit said...

I think a man squanders half his chances at success and fulfilment of his aspirations if he starts with a negative outlook .I think it is better to be insanely positive even if there is no reason to be .
believe me, thinking(too much of it ,anyway) can kill.GO ahead and do it.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home