Sunday, May 22, 2005

A visit to Park De La Tete D'Or

Hi guys, so I am back with another weekend in lyon, in fact, initially I planned to visit the beaches of south france this weekend, but then with the advice of my firends that one should go to beaches when it gets a lil hotter , I suspended my visit. And, then we (a bunch of three, saurabh, mohit and myself) decided to take a tour of the city this weekend.

To know a place the best, one needs to roam on foot, and next comes the bicycle. Yes, a bicycle puts you in real touch with the place where you feel to roam free just like a localite. So, we abandoned all modes of city transport( buses, trams, cars etc.) and decided to ride a bicycle by the riverside. In fact, last weekend when I saw few guys and gals going on bicycle while I was returning on foot, I felt jealous of them. So, we move on and rent two bicycles for me and mohit, saurav had his own (lucky fellow, a bike with twenty one gears, lights and an air-pump....).

So, we started and our destination was "park de la tete d'or"; there I saw all sorts of animals, from tiger, lion, elephant, giraffe to smaller ones like monkeys and tortoise. Then, to add to the animal kingdom; there was a big botanical garden, a lake with motor boats and in total a really nice place. In fact, I took some pics, but the pics did not came very well, but will try to put some of them later.

after this visit, the turn was for the fun of cycling, we decided to visit another park around 8km from there, mind it we had already cycled for about 8km. But, we decided to take a shot to "PARC NATUREL DE MIRIBEL JONAGE", a place with an artificial beach. We went through a rough rocky way because the straight route is an auto-route where cars ran at speeds more than 120-140 kmph. So, there we were exploring the terrain of lyon, we had to seek the help of many a fellow cycle-riders at times, to get the route right and when we were exhausted, we bought water at 1.80 € (500 ml), it is nearly nearly Rs. 180 per litre, costliest of all water I have ever drunk, but at that time, it was like "amrit", anyway a good thing to remember.

So, finally we reach the place swarming with boatdivers but since the sun was about to set and the weather was getting colder, the beach was not full with people, we returned back and in total we cycled about 45km, yes and that was a great fun, I will supplement it with lots of pics soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home