Monday, May 15, 2006

The Cal trips

People have been asking me what have i been doing in KGP days after i have completed my project evaluation and my reply is short and succinct ... "MASTI". Yes, and it includes three awesome trips to calcutta.

The first one and surely the most enjoyable one was the one with the depmates...yes, the bitwise trip. Bitwise (for the uninititated, it is an international online algorithm intensive programming contest, the best in world) ... it gives an excitement to CSE final year which can only be experienced and not expressed. And, one of my friends rightly said "U get to organise BITWISE only once in a lifetime" ... so we went for a masti worth remembering for a lifetime.

And, believe me it was pure fun, we went for Karting and ice-skating to clowntown (yes, not many ppl know there is an ice-skating arena in Kolkata) and I got a chance to experience both of these things for the first time in life.

We ended it with pizzas at pizza hut and ice-cream ... I enjoyed my ice cream very much, electric current was its name.

But, the best part about this trip was that everybody was loadless, no tension ...academic life at IIT was over, all of us never had so much fun together and all this was coming free to us, all expenses to BITWISE treat account.

Cost of trip: 22K (approx.)

Next in line, was the Lehman Lunch at Hotel Hyatt regency. My second lunch at a 5-star (yes, the first one was also by the grace of Lehman Brothers) .. believe there is nothing exotic about the food or service but yes, the ambience of the place, the feeling of just being there is awesome. Again had a fun time, talked to two VPs of the company, nice corporate talk, big career dreams and all .. when we talk abt millions while we do not even have bucks to pay for my coffee, yes i did not have even a penny in my pocket, all my expenses (taxi and all) being paid by others.

In sum, a nice experience ... something tht rich ppl only can have, was being offered to poor fresh grads, filling their eyes with big dreams.

Cost of trip: 23K (approx.)

Now, the third and final one, the cruise party to achievers by TIME ... met few to-be
IIMians... had a nice time, dancing and partying with few babes, on the ship... a summer night on the ship with music, booze and beauty ... not bad indeed. I could even shake my legs with music at times. It was followed by an OK-dinner and awesome Kulfis.

Cost of trip: not known (approx.)

In some, three nice trips, none at my own expense, I just wish there were some more down the way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

sahi modi... lehmann ko bataya ya nahin abhi tak ki usko gpl dene waala hai??

9:41 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Wishing ya many more days of MASTIIIII.....

:)

..Me

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home