Wednesday, May 10, 2006

NO DUES

Hi, have you ever passed out of a college, school or any other institution? Whenever you leave an organisation, even your job, it is customary to get a clearance from someone, generally an authority or two .. say your project head, and occassionally someone like a librarian. But, if you pass a gigantic institute like IIT Kharagpur, you will know how tough it is to get a NO DUES certificate.

Believe me, it is like a race ... everytime u feel like the bengali babus of the office are shouting at your face ... span style="font-style:italic;">run lola, run<. This form takes u to unseen and far-flung areas of campus like Rural Development Centre (never heard of it, despite being in KGP for 4 years?) ... isn't it a bit odd for a girl student to need NO DUES clearance from both air and army wings who could never have attended NCC (it is male only in KGP) .. come on, be at least a little logical .. yaar.

This NO DUES form contains only 7 signatures at first glance but the real nightmare is encountered when you take this form to department office and he hands you over another form needing 30 signatures...yes, it seems to grow like a recursion tree ... quite huge and quite frightening. But, this is not the end of the trauma, the real pain is when they ask you to look for the receipts of submitted fees, fees that you submitted around a year ago...Ohh god, I cant find my things which i threw somewhere in my room before sleeping last night and these people expect me to find those slips. I just do not follow why the hell did they ask me to fill six copies of cash receipts every time i submitted my fees .. one for accounts section, one for acads, one for bank, one for hall,one for HMC...and one for myself...so why do u worry what i do with MY COPY?

But, finally, I am done with all that, it took me nearly a week ...ahh, I feel so relieved. IIT KGP rocks, but its slow paced "cholbe na, korbe na, hobe na" sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home